Sunday, April 14, 2013

waiting for the little birdies

Spring has been bouncing back and for like a yo yo. One day sunny and clear ....put away the winter things.
The next day a deep frosty plunge into gray rain, mixed snow and depression!( grab my sweater again)
So for the brief and wonderful day of spring I painted my hummingbird. On my fence in the back yard we have honeysuckle starting to green up and then bloom for my little friends to come back.
This was another experiment with layers of acrylic washes and marks then painting on top my flowers and bird. I used a touch of scrapbook papers for leaves and floral. I love using a credit card when I can.( see slashes on edges) Thank you for visiting me again! Happy PPF.

16 comments:

  1. Love this, Miriam. The weather's been back and forth here too! Come on spring.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet-lovely colors too! I just put our hummingbird feeder out and am anxiously awaiting their arrival :)Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love this! So lovely and the colors are fabulous. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Miriam, I just love your work. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the weather, we got 8"inches of snow last night! But rain is just as bad at this point. Love these vibrant Springlike colors, hope they beckon the real thing to come around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the little birdies around here are wearing their long johns...so glad yours isn't! marvelously colorful and full of lovely layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work! I love all the layers and colours you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great fun page and love the layers.Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun page.Love the way you did those circles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun here.....adorable!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layering technique you used in this page, so bright and colorful and full of life. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cool. I too like the layering.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool colors! I liked the shades of blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layered work , love the colours and the whimsical nature to this painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!