Friday, July 13, 2012

paint party friday


Wow it has been over a month since I posted! Summer got me  by surprise. It has bee so HOT
and dry here with many fires around the state that it is not fun outdoors right now. Today there are suppose to be some rain storms-yeah! I can't believe I am cheering for rain after living in Washington state for 14 years of non stop rain and cloudy weather.
So back to my deliquent attendance to my blog-friends visiting, reading some great books, went away for a couple of days, house hunting for my married daughter and husband..........the garden....but I am back for a bit working on journal pages on watercolor paper 140 lb cold press which turned out better than I could imagine. I used acrylics, inks, stencils, washes and sealer to protect some of the designs having used some non permanent sprays-I almost had a whole page wiped out trying to spray on top of my stencils work I had done! I am planning to set up shop and sell these OAK original sheets for others to use on their artistic journey-they are double sided and took over a week to work each step.
I am excited to move forward with a plan and continue my journey. Thank you for visiting and just email me if you are interested in some of these pages! ( 10x 14  $20 each) Happy PPF!!!





11 comments:

  1. isn't summer just flying by?!?
    glad you're back to creating. love the colors and textures of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty... I don't like the heat and welcome the rain anytime!! I love our spring and fall, with a plethora of color!! Hope you enjoy a bit of rain!!Your pages are beautiful!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cheering for rain, too!
    Glad your back and your pages are delightful!
    Love all the colors, layers and patterns!! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the colors and patterns.

    Summer does have a way of flying by. Isn't it nice when it rains?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pages, each one a art piece in and of itself. Someone will enjoy adding to them I am sure. HPPF on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, these papers are fantastic. Summer does tend to get in the way of painting. So hard to sit inside when there is so much going on outsdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain. What was that, again? ;) I took an unplanned bloggy break in June myself...I think breaks are good sometimes. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!