Tuesday, July 17, 2012

cloth paper scissors challenge

Well I summed up the courage to enter a challenge from cloth paper scissors on felted wonders and I was not chosen as a finalist. I am disappointed but I am not going to give up. I heard somewhere that if you never try you can't ever win so try, try, try again!!! I really enjoyed the process of making this.
It took Many hours with many different components-needle felted tree top background to the watercolor paper edge of the journal cover sewn on and all the hand sewn bits and pieces. I love my little owl with his earring jewlery bit for his wing to the cardboard tree trunk. So NEVER give up you may be closer than you think to success!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely keep trying! We received so many great submissions for this challenge that we couldn't accept all the fantastic art as finalists! Keep in mind that we are always looking for submission ideas for articles as well. Many of our articles come from submission ideas that have fantastic techniques involve. Don't give up! We'd love to keep seeing you entering the challenges and submitting article ideas!
    __Jenn Mason
    Cloth Paper Scissors Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it has a beautiful flowing softness and the colour is divine. Don't give up yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I really love this piece! Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!