Friday, June 1, 2012

paint party friday

I am still working on my journal pages and really like how the use of fabrics and paper on the watercolors. As you might have guessed I have WAY too many trims, fabrics, papers, yarns etc. so I must use them all in my journals!
This was a new twist for me using manilla folders and folding them in an accordian, sewing on fused wools, papers, yes a color catcher sheet I painted and doodled on.
I fell in love with my cards using my photos and printing them on muslim so I had to put one in my journal page.
This is another journal fabric, painted cover which I will use with this collection, little fairies from lisa's altered art digital on etsy, my flower-trees and some fun recyled plastics. Exploring all these techniques have been amazing and FUN!! Give it a try. thank you for visiting, happy PPF!

12 comments:

  1. Very beautiful pages. Love all the textures!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have an amazing day!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal pages, Miriam!
    I love how rich and thick they are layered with fabric!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages and loving all the gorgeous textures. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating pages with such texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations ~ very unique and special ~ so creative ~ thanks, ^_^
    (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique textures and compositions!!Very pretty!! Happy ppf!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great--I love the use of fabrics in a journal! Wish I weren't sewing machine impaired ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the flower trees are lovely... they really caught my eye...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful textures and beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those colors and textures. So Pretty! Great use of manila folders too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miriam! Sorry it's been quite some time since I stopped by for a visit; the end of the school year is always a chaotic time, and right now it looks like summer is turning out to be quite the same!

    What a GORGEOUS book! Though I'm a non-sewer and have only recently begun incorporating fabric into my collage work, I've always been fascinated by canvas and cloth books! I recently purchased a blank canvas book from Stampington, and someday I hope to start creating in it! I love how you've included a variety of materials in your book, from lace to muslin to painted dryer sheets (wow!), as well as bits of paper. My favorite part is definitely the photograph printed on muslin. Is this something that can be done on an inkjet printer? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great way to use those trims - this is stunning all together! Love the textures and your great focal images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!