Monday, May 7, 2012

Vintage photo project



As I promised, I will show you how to make an amazing photo card for your special mom. My supplies are: tea dyed muslin, soft cotton batting, old photos copied in black and white four to a page. scrapbook paper, old sheet from a book,kraft card stock sheets 8x11, buttons, scraps of fabric, glue, sewing machine with dark colored thread, inkjet printer and of course freezer paper. Using your iron on a medium heat and no steam or water you will iron on the muslin to the shiny side of the freezer paper. I cut my into 8x11 sheets to fit in my copier and trimmed off the edges. You are suppose to use a cloth in between the muslin and and iron but it took FOREVER to iron that way so I just had extra muslim past the paper to iron it out and not get any adhesive on my iron. Once it is firmly stuck on  just trim off the edges and use tape if you feel it will peel off or catch through your printer. I was okay without it. I used our old inkjet and shrunk down the pics so that I had a border around to rip the fabric on the edges for a nice old effect. It is very addicting and you will want to make many sets of pages to copy lots of pictures! This bottom pic is of me around 8-I look like a boy! I will do step 2 tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I have bookmarked your post...thanks a million for taking the time to share this really great project!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess looking like a boy when you're little runs in the family, eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!