Thursday, May 17, 2012

paint party friday......journals.......




I started on journal covers awhile ago and have been at a standstill what to put inside. After
I played around with watercolor papers and textures I think I have found something!
Journals have always been in my life, though slightly boring written ones, now I will work on
colorful, illustrated no rules ones. I have some other ideas going on and will let you know how they go.
I am very sentimental and keep every ticket from shows and plays and occasions so I know that
somehow I need them inside too. My little owl is from wool, metals bits and melted plastic and embellised wings. I painted on the linen, sewed leaves from paper and wool added fancy yarn for the tree and a leftover trim as the trunk. Doodling on it a bit too. My saying on this "out on a limb" is
part of me right now trying, exploring and testing the waters.



 My journal pages turned out great! One side  you saw already with the greens and deep pinks. The other side I wanted pinks and browns and orange. I sprinkled white acrylic ink on top for contrast.
Thank you for stopping by-happy PPF

17 comments:

  1. smashing colourful pages Miriam. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at "no rules" - that is the best part of an art journal for me! Yours turned out fabulously!! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your Journal cover and the pages you shared this week. Lovely colors and textures.
    Happy PPF!
    Sheri Cook
    Happy Horse Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little owl! I had an owl collection when I was a teenager, and your quirky little guy reminds me of one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal cover is awesome and the pages are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!! Your journal pages turned out great. Well done. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little winking owl is the cutest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your "bits and pieces" owls and these journal covers. Each one of your owls seems to have his own distinct character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous combination of textures!
    Your pages look great!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job Miriam!! Just want to tell you the link said no page here...so I refreshed and then it loaded...thought you might like to know!! Some people may not take the time to refresh and just pass by!! Maybe you could get a friend to check it!! Love how delicate and unique your piece is...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. 51, and 53 this message came up!!!

    Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

    I just deleted everything after the blogspot.com to get to you!! Hope this helps!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHA delete my last two comments 57 works!!!
    Sorry....

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree journal pages are fun to create and yours look they are ready for fun to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely journal pages and the little owl piece is super cute and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your journal pages. Yes they are fun to create and I too enjoy doing pages in journals. Have a wonderful week, Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!