Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My journey-piant party friday!


I used a fabric paint pen to write the word journey and let it dry then peeled it off. I was hoping it would go back to the original white of the paper but instead frayed the edges. I then washed a color over it giving it a bleeding effect. Okay so it may look like Jonny too, but I do like it now. Word of advice: use canvas instead of watercolor paper if you want to peel back color! ( tape probably would be okay)
 It has been an interesting year to say the least! I have learned a lot in techniques, painting, writing and blogging and of course picture taking-still a work in progress. My new goal is to join in some art challenges online and be more of a participant and not just a viewer. I tend to hold back and be shy.
So if I can link in to Paint party fridays this will be my work to show! Any tips from you out there would be greatly appreciated. This is my second work from the free journaling class from strathmore online. One of my stencils was a plastic sink liner for dishes-the small squares you see. It was great fun to spray and splash around color however I wanted. I like flowers so of course that is what formed my shapes. I have linked in with artists in blogland see button on right side to check out new stuff from many fun artists.

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like--really fun, and great colors! I've done the Strathmore workshops, too--especially loved the Doodles one. I do PPF, too (well, not every Friday, but a couple of times a month) so hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it can be quite addicting trying all these techniques!I will try to link in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colors!! Love your sense of humor! Good for you taking your art to new heights! Can't go wrong learning more!

    Happy ppf!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. experimenting is so addicting, isn't it! Love this fun piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colors, patterns and designs!!
    I just posted a piece entitled "Journey" on my blog, too!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art is such a fab adventure for the soul and you are positively glowing with happiness by the feel of this painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all! just what made my day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome colors and design ~ very creative ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a blissfully happy looking piece of art. Welcome to the Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely warm colors! Very nice patterns. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh!!, Lovely sweet piece. Love everything of it. Excellent Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miriam, your page is wonderful! Love the colors and your enthusiasm! I love your header too! Did you make it? You don't need any tips, just keep doing what you love! Oh maybe one tip! If you want to reply to the commenters, reply through email or through their blog. Usually people don't come back and see your reply. Blessings! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!