Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why am I an artist?

I love this quote I came across today:
"an artist cannot speak about his art any more than a plant can discuss horticulture."
Jean Cocteau
For me it is hard to explain why I find so much joy getting my hands stained with inks, paints and dyes.
why do I love having messes in my bedroom with unfinished projects that drive my husband crazy?
I love the process, I love the experiments and the unending possibilities of creations!
I have been taking a wonderful course by Stephanie Lee, a download learning her techniques of metal smithing. This is an artist I admire very much! She is so open and sharing and NICE to help us out on our journey. Thank you Stephanie!!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny, I just was looking at that quote last night and here I am today on your blog and there it is again! Thank you so much for visiting my Art Play Today blog! Yes, I am also a fellow "Flyer" (it took me awhile to figure out what you meant by that LoL! Just reading your blog, I can see that you and I have a lot in common! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and helping me expand my horizons!